- ⚙ Tech Specs
- ✈✈ Shipping
Add a second Hard Drive or SSD Drive to your MacBook or MacBook Pro. Replaces your internal DVD ROM drive, and comes with an external drive enclosure for your old DVD drive to be mounted into.
The new Optibay is designed for users who want more performance and storage options for their Macbook Pro or Macbook. The Optibay allows you to replace your seldom used CD/DVD/Superdrive with a standard SATA 2.5" notebook hard drive or SSD drive, while keeping your original drive in place. More storage without having an external drive! A bus-powered USB 2.0 optical drive enclosure is included. Your optical drive will retain its full functionality in this speedy, convenient external enclosure.
- Up to 1TB(1,000 GB) additional internal hard disk, or SSD storage
- Up to 2 TB internal hard disk capacity
- Can be used as an individual volume, RAID, or combined for one very large internal volume
- Easy setup with Apple"s Disk Utility
- Negligible impact on battery life
- S.M.A.R.T drive status compliant
- Optibay internal drive enclosure
- External, Bootable, USB 2.0 Enclosure for your existing optical drive
- Installation Instructions
- Installation Toolkit
- Apple DVD Player Activator Software
|Domestic Shipping Options||Delivery Estimate|
|US Postal Service 1st Class*||$2.99||3-10 business days|
|US Postal Service Priority Mail||$6.99||2-4 business days|
|UPS Ground||$9.99||3-5 business days|
|UPS 2-Day||$12.99 and up||2 business days|
|UPS Overnight||$29.99 and up||1 business day|
|International Shipping Options||Delivery Estimate|
|UPS Worldwide Expedited||Price varies||2-5 business days**|
|UPS Worldwide Saver||Price varies||1-3 business days**|
Ramjet offers same day shipping for UPS Overnight and UPS 2-day air orders for in-stock items that are received by 3pm Central time Monday through Friday (Holidays excluded.) UPS costs are calculated based on promixity and package weight.
* Shipping weights above .8 lbs (13 ounces) can not use US Postal Service 1st Class.
** International shipping charges include all brokerage fees, but do not include taxes or duties assessed by your local government. International delivery estimates do not include any customs inspection delays.