This kit is a must-have for every Mac Do-It-Yourselfer and contains the non-standard tools that you will need to open and work on Apple Macintosh computers. You’ll need it when installing any components such as DRAM Memory Modules, Solid State Drives or Internal Hard Disk Drives. It features non-magnetic design, spinning palm caps for easy use, and coated precision black tips.
Add a second Hard Drive or SSD Drive to your MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac or Mac Mini!
Replaces your internal DVD-ROM drive, and comes with an external drive enclosure for your old DVD drive to be mounted into.
Kits just for your Machine
The new Optibay is designed for users who want more performance and storage options for their MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac Mini. Each kit is specially designed for your model with the unique requirements for each machine taken into consideration. The Optibay allows you to replace your seldom used CD/DVD/Superdrive with a standard SATA 2.5" notebook hard drive or SSD drive, while keeping your original drive in place. The result is more storage without an external drive! A bus-powered USB 2.0 optical drive enclosure is included. Your optical drive will retain its full functionality in this speedy, convenient external enclosure.
- External, Bootable, USB 2.0 Enclosure for your existing optical drive.
- ⚒ Installation instructions, toolkit, and Apple DVD Player Activator Software included
- Optibay for Unibody MacBook and MacBook Pro
- Data Doubler for 2007 15-Inch MacBook Pro Model 3,1 Non Unibody
- Data Doubler for Original 17-Inch 2006 MacBook Pro Model 1,2
- Optibay for Mac Mini DDR2 Models
- Data Doubler for 2009 Mac Mini Model 3,1
- Optibay for White or Aluminum iMac DDR2 models
- Optibay for Aluminum iMac DDR3 models
You Might Also Like
Using an anti-static wrist strap will dramatically reduce the risk of electro-static discharge. This will protect both the component that you are installing, such as a DRAM Memory Module or an Solid State Drive (SSD), as well as the computer itself. This strap features an adjustable strap and an extra-long coiled chord for a wide range of movement.